We offer an evidence-based approach to women’s health physical therapy in a peaceful, supportive environment—that’s designed for women by women.
Women’s Health Physical Therapy is a comprehensive form of specialized healthcare that evaluates and treats both acute and chronic conditions that specifically affect women throughout the lifespan, ranging from an adolescent female athlete to a postmenopausal woman. Special consideration should be taken when treating women’s health specific conditions, and treatment should only be performed by a specialty trained professional. Our women’s health specialist, Dr. Jenna Jarvis (click here to learn more about Jenna) has attended many of the most advanced and respected women’s health courses and completed a long term clinical rotation with one of the premiere women’s health specialists in the United States and she has a true passion in improving the quality of lives and allowing women to get back to all usual activities and passions without limitations.
We know and understand the sensitivity that is involved with women’s health physical therapy and will ensure you feel comfortable and safe throughout your entire treatment process.
Women’s Health Physical Therapy can help the following conditions:
- Pelvic pain (acute and chronic)
- Incontinence (urinary and/or bowel)
- Prenatal and postpartum conditions
- Painful intercourse
- Rehab following mastectomy and breast reconstruction
- Return to exercise following pregnancy
- Discomfort with sitting
- Low back, hip, groin, or thoracic pain
- Injury treatment and return to activity with Relative Energy Deficiency Syndrome (REDS)/Female Athlete Triad
- Post-surgical complications from previous abdominal, gynecological, colorectal, or orthopedic surgeries
Did you know that over 25% of females will suffer from a pelvic floor disorder during their lifetime?
Many of the conditions listed above occur secondary to an underlying pelvic floor dysfunction. To learn more about pelvic floor dysfunctions and what to expect during your women’s health treatment (click here).